Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Voting on November 8

Everything went smoothly and it appears everyone knows what to do at Bachetti Plaza on East 4th Street. The lines were short. Could it be a lot of people aren't going to the polls today? That would be disappointing. After hearing that Iraq had high voter turnout hovering around 65% of registered voters, it would be embarrassing if New Yorkers feel the need to poll a bunch of switches isn't important to them.

Since I finally voted in the past half hour, I guess it is okay to reveal my choices.
Mayor - Thomas Ognibene Conservative Party
Public Advocate - Jay Golub Conservative Party
City Comptroller - William Thompson Democratic Party
Supreme Court 1 - Matthew Grieco Republican Party, Karla Moskowitz Democratic Party, Martin Shulman Democratic Party
Surrogate - Kristin Booth Glen Democratic Party
District Attorney - Robert Morganthau Republican Party
Borough President - Barry Popik Republican Party
Civil Court - Ira Globerman Democratic Party, Tanya Kennedy Democratic Party
Councilmanic 2 - John Carlino Republican Party


My vote for mayor is a vote to let the mayor know he needs to shift right. Whether or not a vote for Ognibene does that is up for debate.
My vote for PA is because I know Jay and felt he would make a better Advocate than Betsy.
I chose Thompson simply because he does a decent job, I voted for him last time, I think he is the best candidate since no one else really campaigned or made an effort to let me know if they would be competent.
My reasons for choosing Moskowitz and Shulman as Democrats and not Republicans is simply because the are Democrats and there's no point in hiding that fact by pulling the Republican lever for them.
Surrogate had no competition so whats the point of leaving it blank?
Morganthau has been a very good DA and I want him to know my vote was for his line as Republican.
Civil Court, simply see Surrogate's answer.
I decided to vote for John instead of Claudia. I would like to see him get some kind of total so here's hoping the mayor's coattails will give him something above 20%.

As for the four Propositions:
I voted NO for the Amendement to the State Constitution
I voted NO for the Transportation Bond Act
I voted YES for the Ethics Code for City Administrative Judges
I voted NO for the Balanced Budget & Other City Fiscal Requirements.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home