Sunday, October 30, 2005

Karma? Coincindence?

Flippin' through the blog world, I read Kristin Hersh's most recent entry which I thought was cute. It has nothing to do with New York, but because I'm a fan, I think it's worth repeating.


We had a cheap champagne party on the last night of mixing during which Mudrock got a phone call from a Boston friend who asked him what he was working on. He told him, "50FootWave, Kristin Hersh's new band," to which the other-end-of-the-phone-guy says, "Oh yeah? My friend's recording Kristin Hersh's son's band in Boston today." Mudrock reaches the end of the conversation, looks at me and says, "Do you have another son? I mean other than the 3 that are here?" I nod and he says, spookily, "I know where he is."

Turns out Dylan's band, Happy Birthday L.A., was making their record in Boston at the very same time his dear ol' mom's creaky old band was churning out their's on the opposite coast. And Happy Birthday L.A. makes 50FootWave sound like a Juicy Fruit commercial. Grown up babies all doin' their thing and whatnot. How genuinely weird.


I'll be very curious to hear Dylan Hersh Going's music. If anyone happens to know a website of theirs or have a sample of their music, I'd love to give it a listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home