Sunday, June 26, 2005

Will there be any leftover money for anger managment?

I was browsing through Gotham Gazette this morning and saw there are many candidates for big offices that I wasn't aware of. These candidates should be brought to the attention of the public, because we need to know everyone who is running for which office and with what party. It's all a fun cycle of madness to read these candidates on the issues and it's great over a cup of tea. Or coffee. Or iced tea or iced coffee.

Today, I came across Christopher Brodeur who is running for Mayor.
His site is one of a kind and chock full of issues with answers. There is so much pent up anger that you wish someone like this got some publicity even though he asks for none.

I hope my quoting his site doesn't cause him to sue me. I just want to feature his candidacy.

From MayorBrodeur.com:
Please pardon any grammatical errors or sloppiness herein. I really don’t have time to be doing this. I’m working my ass off and neglecting the rest of my life trying to help fix this damn city. I am not a rich politician like my opponents are. They not only fail to help you, but they get paid HUGE salaries to fail you! (And I don’t get paid a penny to try and help you fight these crooks. And fighting corrupt govt is like having 6 full time jobs!) (Except that 6 full time jobs would PAY.)

And please forgive my anger, but I’m sick of hearing the same old lies and the same old tragedies over and over again. (How many times can you hear about dead 10-year-old girls killed by criminals who were released from jail with no rehabilitation?? It’s infuriating and you can see with your own eyes how politicians just don’t seem to care.) (That’s one of my favorite quotes: “if you don’t pay attention to politics, then they get away with highway robbery and if you DO pay attention to politics, it’s so depressing you want to kill yourself”.)


Some key issues on his 100 inovations platform:
1. Free subway - death of MTA
2. Outlaw deceptive & dishonest media
3. Eradicate all fiscal waste
4. Rebuild the Twin Towers
5. Rescind most taxes
6. Kiss the war on drugs adios!
7. Build 200,000 units of affordable housing
8. Roof patios on all buildings
9. Revolutionary school reform
10. Free public bathrooms

Each of his 100 inovations include examples and solutions. I have to say, if he believes he can accomplish everything he says, I would love to see him win and take City Hall through the ropes. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home