Monday, May 30, 2005

2005 Petitioning for Republican Candidates

The petitioning process is around the corner and candidates like myself will need as many willing participants to be out on the streets and search for registered Republicans. My district, which is comprised of Gramercy Park, Kip's Bay, Union Square, East Village and Alphabet City, has roughly 9,000 registered Republicans and I need 5% to get on the ballot. It's not impossible, but I will need volunteers with strong wills to be on the streets and ask passers-by if they are registered Republicans.

I cannot do this alone. I have a half dozen people ready to work for me, but I will need as many as possible to be on the street corners getting signatures. The more the merrier.

Petitioning starts June 7 and runs for a month. It will require volunteers to be on the streets whenever possible, in the morning from 7 to 10, in the evening, from 5 to 9, on weekends, whenever you can be available.

I Instant Message Yahoo ID is: PetersonforNYC
My email is also petersonfornyc @ yahoo.com

Please get in touch with me and let me know if I can count on you for petitioning. Thank you.

2 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger Hmmm said...

Have you considered partnering with one or both of the mayoral candidates?

I'm currently planning on gathering signatures for Steve Shaw. It'd be quite easy to carry around 2 or 3 petitions for every Republican running.

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Blog Moderator said...

hey Peter it was great seeing you,
If you need help with youre campaign let me know.
Richard

 

Post a Comment

<< Home